AmeriCorps VISTA Social Enterprise Coordinator
Position: AmeriCorps VISTA Social Enterprise Coordinator
Full time, 1 year position
Start Date: 8/30/2021
The Mission of Transplanting Traditions Community Farm (TTCF) is to provide refugees access to land, healthy food, and entrepreneurial agricultural opportunities. TTCF works with refugees who have fled war-torn Burma and have resettled here in North Carolina to rebuild their lives. The AmeriCorps VISTA Social Enterprise Coordinator will help refugee farmers grow and expand their businesses. This will be achieved through meeting with TTCF farmers, working with farmers to develop and implement their business plans, helping farmers to identify barriers, create solutions and build capacity to meet their business goals, research and piloting new business marketing opportunities.
- Assess and develop a 5-year plan for all social enterprise outlets
- Work with each farmer business to help them develop a 5-year plan for their business
- Facilitate farmers to identify barriers to their business plans and solutions to these barriers
- Develop and coordinate capacity building opportunities in areas identified as barriers
- Identify and help connect farmers to new outlets for selling their products
- Work with farmers to help them develop promotional materials for their businesses, if needed
- Help improve and create better ways for farmers and staff to communicate with customers
- Build capacity through systems development to efficiently monitor and evaluate .
- Assist with managing volunteers, tours, and group workdays with farmers and staff
- Contribute to social media, website, and newsletters
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, program events, fundraising, and advocacy events
- Provide quarterly progress reports to program supervisor
- Collaborate on specific projects and share ideas with other staff
- Passion or interest in Transplanting Traditions Community Farm mission
- Previous business development experience is great but not required
- Spoken and written English skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Sales and marketing experience
- Flexible and able to adapt easily
- Understanding of social justice and agriculture is great but not required
- Creativity and experience with alternative/non-traditional popular education
- Comfort working with individuals with limited English language proficiency
- Experience with issues that impact immigrants or refugees
- Individuals that identify as a person of color and/or from the refugee and immigrant community are encouraged to apply for this role
This position is a full-time, year-long volunteer service opportunity. AmeriCorps VISTA members are not employees, they are volunteers and therefore do not receive compensation for their service from TTCF. As an AmeriCorps VISTA you will receive a small living stipend of approximately $1000 a month, health coverage/reimbursement benefits, reimbursement for work-related transportation, and a $6195 educational scholarship after completion of service by AmeriCorps.
ALL INFORMATION, DETAILS AND BENEFITS ARE ON THE AMERICORPS VISTA WEBSITE (click here to review)
Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Haeku Paw at (919) 885-4063.
How to apply: Go to the AmeriCorps VISTA position listing and fill out an AmeriCorps application or fill out an initial entry TTCF application online here. If you have a resume and cover letter please submit this in place of filling out the application to email@example.com by June 15, 2021.